Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I was very delighted on our 3-day family trip to Cagayan de Oro city. I was entertained much together with my family (papa, mama, my 3 siblings, lola, my 2 uncles, and my uncle’s friend). Our trip was superb, we had so much fun and I guess it was a long time since we had our trip together before. Our intention was to dwell in Divine Mercy Hills, that was located at El Salvador city, Misamis Oriental. M y grandmother told us to visit there because as what I’ve heard, that place is astounding and I rely on it. My father decided to go there and everybody was agitated. We went through different cities until we reached our destination. I tasted different mouth-watering foods, and it was delectable! We had lots of food trip and I wouldn’t ever fail to remember that kind of experience.

November 19 (day 1) - we left the house @ 3:30 in the afternoon and it was my father who drove the car. It took us 3 hours of cruising along until we disembarked @ Ipil, Zamboanga Del Sur. As we were travelling along the heaps, I perceived the attractiveness of our city. The magnificent spots of Zamboanga city were truly amazing and gazing down the hills that were enclosed by olives was endearing. We arrived @ 6:30 pm. The place is an urban area, had progressed so far since I had my last visit during my high school years. We had our dinner there and after that, we headed right away to Pagadian city. Again, 3 hours passed by until we accessed at Pagadian City. It was already 9:30 pm and I felt the gentle air breeze at night as the windows were opened and stared at the midsummer sky. I just noticed the city was well developed right now. I visited this place before since I was in my 4th year level in high school during our Regional Science Camp. Nowadays, various types of edifices were built. We stayed there in one night @ New Roxanne Hotel.

November 20 (day 2) - I woke up @ 6:30 in the morning. We had our breakfast right away @ Dunkin Donuts. Then we packed up our belongings and head out to Iligan city. At 9:00 am we passed to Lanao del Norte. I just observed in every place we had our stopover; there were different modes of transportation. In Iligan city, they still ride on “kalesa”. Brilliant, isn’t it? (I want to have a ride too). Along the highway I could see the fine-looking scenes of rice fields on both sides and I felt the fresh air stroke my skin. We had our lunch @ Jolibee. It was my first time to visit Iligan city. The place was like our city also. Then we passed to a Misamis Oriental, 2 hours of trip until we made it to El Salvador City. It was 11:30 am, it was very warm and the sun was intensely bright. Finally, we got to Divine Mercy Hills. It was located at the top of the hill, facing the sea shore. The place was really awesome! The statuette of Jesus Christ was constructed 50 ft tall with 5 rays on both sides. There were also some tourists came and explored the place. I was amazed there were a lot of devotees who joined and scrambled along the stairs and lighted the candles at the top. As we were walking down the hills, I could see the beauty of nature, “greenish” indeed. I loved seeing the sea, it was calm and gentle, and so I took its picture. I hope we’ll come to visit this place again next time. At 12:37 pm, we went to Cagayan de Oro city. It was a long way and we attained @ 2:30 pm. It was also my first time to visit Cagayan de Oro. It was a huge place and we got lost hahaha! Almost 2 hours passed, as we kept on searching for an “inn”. I got hungry but in the end, we found one. We checked in at Vines Pension house and had our dinner at dim sum diner. Then we shopped at SM city Cagayan de Oro and we had our tour in different places even though it’s already late at night.







November 21 (day 3) - Home sweet home! Surely I’m gonna miss CDO. We had our breakfast at McDonalds. We stopped at “ A lind resort” at Lakewood, to have some sight seeing We arrived home @ 7:30 pm. Then we went home after our breakfast, 12 hours all in all of travel. We arrived home @ 7:30 pm. I was very tired but I enjoyed much!

No comments:

Post a Comment