Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A day with “Harajuku” Girls




December 27, 2010 – Yesterday’s media event was fabulous and very mind-blowing. 3 cameras in 1 person?! Nah… I’m a multitasker, anyways. All of us were delighted in the event even though we were already worn out. That was the 3rd time, as for me, being their snapper. I so love taking snap shots whether it could be portrait or landscape. The photo shoot was themed in “harajuku”. “Harajuku” refers to an area around Harajuku train station. Harajuku style is a japanese fashion adopted by the teenagers and young adults in the area and its side streets which have many boutiques, trendy stores and used clothes shops. Japanese Harajuku Girls and Harajuku Style has been used to describe teens dressed in many fashion styles ranging from Gothic Lolita (also gothic loli) Visual Kei, Ganguro, Gyaru, to "cute" Kawaii style clothing.It’s renowned in Japan. Some states also have this kind of affair. Even in our college night last 2008, all students put on their “best” harajuku getups. Unluckily, I wasn’t able to make it there, since I thought of our tomorrow’s exam. That would be shattered for me to show up. So, I better hit the books all night and I felt  down as the others were having fun with all their outfits. But, yet I was happy last time. Finally, I was able to see and took photos of my friends who were in “harajuku” attires. I didn’t expect that would be their theme. Their outfits were soooo “kawaii” and overwhelming. I thought the Japanese are the ones who can only make it but somehow my friends did also their best. Way to go guys!

At 1:45 pm, I showed up at our meeting place. We were only 5 (me, whinrei, mau, nikki and kaye). The 4 did the cosplaying and I was the photographer. We ferret out the thoroughfare, seeking for a suitable spot, since the place we suggested was already been set aside by others. So, we went to different Hotels and bistros but those were already occupied. It took us almost 2 hours pacing along and then we end up at Village Zamboanga. I got hungry, so we ordered some staples and dined in. when we were already done, they changed over their ordinary clothes and dressed in “harajuku”. I perceive, all people who were dined in, stared at them, as well their kids went there and took photos with my chums. I know they were wondering why they dressed up like that, even though they kept on gazing, we didn’t mind them. Then, I took some shots on different angles. They had their “unique” stances. We went to the concourse and then they posed again. It was such brilliant! We had some fun even though we were already a bit weary. Here are some of the shots:








Whinrei – put on her blonde long hairpiece with a gray neko beanie, donned a white cardigan and a mini-skirt, on her boots. A girly one.













Kaye – a blonde short and prickly hairpiece fits her, with pink kawaii headphone slouched around her shoulder, geared up in an arm-length black fleece, blue jeans and with sneakers.











Mau – with a red curly hairpiece, dressed in her black fur, a white blouse inside of it, mini-skirt with her gaudy wallops, and verdant shoes.











Nikki – with her natural black hair, filled with “red” garbs, a pink checkered cap suited her outfit, with a black neck tie, and red checkered sleeveless fleece, and a mini-skirt. A black and white stripes thumps matched her sneakers.



















at the concourse :D



They were sooooo “sugoi” and then we decided to go home at 5:30 pm.

Yesterday was really a wonderful day! Looking forward to its next photo shoot on 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment