Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas is everywhere!

It’s 16th of December; “Misa De Galo” had just begun.

The subtle air whoosh at early dawn fondle my skin, the cool breeze gently enfolds me, the warm “kakanin” vending along the pavement are really mouthwatering, those delightful melody of Christmas songs hummed by the ensemble, Christmas trees with lights shining spread out all over the place, Christmas trimmings were being displayed in every domiciles, the clatters of Christmas bells and “carolers” are surely amusing and everybody shares each other’s blessings. All of these are “insignia” of this wonderful time of year and that would be “Christmas”.

Christmas is the season of sharing and thanksgiving. We celebrate this season all over the world, for this time we commemorate the nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ. The essence of this period is to give the “true” meaning of Christmas which is to impart our godsend gifts to those who are unfortunate enough and to prepare ourselves for the advent of our Lord. It’s not essential to have “new” stuffs and too much staples to make. But most importantly, we should learn to be grateful on what we have right now. We have to be thankful for everything that bestowed on us and that’s the real spirit of Christmas.

It’s really nice to share what I have to others. Their warm-hearted smirks on their faces provide audacity to endure my benevolence and their blissful hearts warble with gladness. Children’s carol is in the air; my emotion was gladdened as I listen to them humming Christmas songs. Every dwelling is filled with vibrant Christmas lights and lanterns that gleam attractively. Gifts and toys are present all over and children are overmuch thrilled to receive those. As I remember my childhood Christmas, I went to my “Ninong and Ninang’s” (godparents) house and received a sundry of Christmas gifts from them. I was so happy. I also joined with the other kids in our neighbor in “caroling”. It was really an enjoyable one. At the end, we shared our earnings to make Christmas party. I went lots of Christmas festivities before and it was really unforgettable.

So as of now, my family is the “thing” that I yearn most. I’m glad that I’ll spend my Christmas with them even though my loved one is too distant. Hopefully, we’ll spend our Christmas together next year and this is my wish on this Christmas day.

Anyway, 9 days to go before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment