Sunday, March 20, 2011

Movie Review: Kimi ni Todoke live action!



After all, the highly anticipated live action film, Kimi ni todoke has been issued just a few days previously. It first came out last September 25, 2010 in Japan. Then, English subbed was just emitted afterward last week, March 13, 2011.

I’m waiting on this movie for almost 6 months and I was very exultant when I found out it was already in the cyberspace. 3 days after the release date, I read it somewhere that the English subbed was not yet offered by reason of the upheaval that took place in Japan (even the episode 10, season 2 is not yet available). The tragedy occurred just a few days before the release date, thus it seems they were having a hard time to make it in public. Yeah, it was very horrific and I feel sorry for them. Anyway, I still prioritize the citizens, since all the animes were made by them and I’m glad that many have survived the recent calamities. Thank God!
 
About the movie, it was really charming and pleasant, as expected, like the anime version. However, there are some scenes omitted compared to the anime, but in spite of everything, the movie was superb, because it has the same notion. I’d be stuck on both anime and live action since the casts or the “dubbers” really are matched alongside with the characters and also the impression of the anime which is kind of tribute to the story itself. In the movie, though in portraying it stood out very much, it was in particular to the genre: romance instead of the RomCom (romantic comedy) type of movie – which was the genre for the anime.  They actually chose stunning performers! 





The casts really look like the characters and I was glad with their performances. I like the way Haruma Miura played the role of Kazehaya Shota, since he really fits the character and he is so cute especially when he smiles, yay! Mikako Tabe also did a great job as Kuronuma Sawako. She did get both the creepy countenance and the waggish moments in her performance. Other characters like Chizu (Renbutsu Misako), Ayane (Natsuna Watanabe), Ryu (Haru Aoyama) and Kurumi-chan (Kiritani Mirei) were also good. I was amazed by Renbutsu Misako who played the role of Chizuru Yoshida. She was very pretty and I never thought she was able to enact like the “real” Chizu. But, I’ve notice something, their school attire!  It’s different from the anime (LOL, it doesn’t matter as long as it has the same story).  I appreciate the scenic locations, so relaxing and also the background music (instrumental), so good to hear ( Gahh! But I don’t know what song it is T^T). I’m gonna search for it!





Anyway, I really liked watching one of my favorite animes as a movie and I think of it, if you have watched the anime version, you will enjoy this as I did. If you didn’t watch the anime and you like romantic/ high-school/ friendship type of films, then I’ll recommend you this movie.
Kimi ni Todoke is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment